Quality British Grown plants in 8cm pots.
All our plants are suitable for :
- Fairy Gardens
- Gardens Borders
- Hanging Baskets
- Planters and window boxes
They are all hardy, strong, tried and tested variety.
Position: full sun
Please unpack your plants straight away & water .
Sempervivums, or houseleeks, are hardy, succulent, alpine plants that grow in the wild between rocks in mountainous regions.
Succulents are commonly grown in containers, but they can thrive in bricks, driftwood and tufa rock, due to their ability to grow in very little compost. South-facing rockeries, gravel gardens and vertical walls also make good habitats.
They perform best in a sunny, outdoor position, in a well-drained compost, with sharp horticultural grit added for drainage.
A layer of grit added to the surface of the compost further aids drainage.
They are most valued for their distinctive rosettes of succulent, spirally patterned foliage, although they also bear attractive flowers from spring to summer.
Each rosette is a separate plant, and is monocarpic – it flowers once and then dies, but is soon replaced by other new rosettes, called offsets.
These offsets can be separated and planted up, and will then grow into new clumps.
They don't need feeding, but do benefit from being re-potted each year into compost containing slow-release fertiliser.
Sorry UK Mainland Only for posting
- Alpines are ideal for pots, beds, Planters & rockeries
- Perfect for filling gaps or planting into crevices in walls or paving
- Enjoy a broad array of bright colours and stunning flowers, from late spring through to late summer
- Evergreen & Hardy
- These hardy plants will return year after year, needing little maintenance
- Supplied as a pot-grown plant pot - 6-9cm