Strip Pack of 5 - Broad beans Exhibition - Small Young Plants
Broad beans are easy to grow and utterly delicious, heralding the end of the hungry gap between late autumn and the beginning of bountiful summer harvests.
Sold here in a strip pack of 5-6 small plants
So quick & easy to grow
Choose a well-drained site that has been thoroughly dug and, ideally, improved with garden compost or well-rotted manure.
- Hoe regularly to remove weeds as soon as they appear
- Tall cultivars may need staking.
- Use strings attached to sturdy stakes inserted at 1.2m (4ft) intervals. Smaller cultivars usually support each other, especially when they are planted in double rows
- Unless rainfall has been high, soak plants well at the start of flowering and again two weeks later.
- Further irrigation may also be needed on light soils
Harvest your beans when they have begun to visibly swell inside.
Harvest plants in stages, starting with the lowest pod first; small beans are sweeter and more tender that large ones.
Pods can also be picked when they are immature to be cooked and eaten whole